24 Jan 6 Things Mindfulness Does For The Subconscious
Does mindfulness REALLY affect the subconscious? Just because we access the subconscious mind on a daily basis, are we being mindful?
It may seem like sitting in silence with your eyes closed and breathing deeply is very similar to the most relaxing activity of all time: Sleeping! Yes we all get in some Zzz’s as often as we can and even if we fall asleep during meditation- we wake up totally relaxed, so hey, objective achieved!But in all seriousness, as any person who’s studied or experienced meditation for a long time, will be all too soon to astutely point out that, there is much more to meditation than just relaxing.
There is something about regular meditation and the effects it has on the brain that fundamentally gives you a whole change whether it’s profound or subtle.
These are the ways in how mindfulness affects the subconscious mind when you practice meditation on a regular basis:-
- Dramatically enhanced learning abilities: A study held showed that after 8 week of a meditation course, an MRI, which focused on areas where previous studies found meditation-associated differences, found increased gray-matter density in the hippocampus, which is known to be an important area of the brain for learning and memory. They also noticed gray-matter thickening and growth in other brain structures associated with self-awareness, compassion, and introspection.
- Increases Your Level Of Intuition: Your subconscious is like the biggest flash drive in your brain- it drives opinions, it even has instinct etched in it. It is responsible for you saying no and yes to certain habits or feelings- so by listening to your mind, your intuition will be improved and could take you onto the right path – in finding the right career or relationship.
- Ability To Heal Yourself From The Inside Out: The subconscious can be rewired into performing difficult tasks in life.This can help you break away from myths or uncertainty. Just as a computer programmer gives a computer instructions to complete a task, you program the most powerful computer you have which is your subconscious.
- Creative abilities you never dreamed possible: Did you know that your subconscious mind contains a limitless supply of creativity, powerful stored information, and a vast amount of untapped potential?
- An understanding of the root of your fears & phobias: By doing deeper inside the mind, you will be able to train your subconscious to pick up where the deep-seated phobias or fears arose from and give it cues to step back and watch yourself before irrational thoughts come up.
- Clarity of thought at all times: With practice, the true genius within you can be dug out and soon enough you will be mindful of what you speak, act and think.
For merging the state of mind you are currently in, your conscious mind, with the power of your subconscious mind, where these limitless benefits reside, meditation is the key.Meditation is the best way to tap into this subconscious and make positive life altering changes towards living a better life.